Beef RIbs Where???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 8, 2009
Newalla,Oklahoma
I live in central Oklahoma and have been looking for some Beef Ribs. All I can find is the ones at Walmart and those leave a lot to be desired. next to no meat on them but what is on them tastes great!!!I have looked at Crest and I have looked at Tinker but no luck.

So where do you buy them?????

Do you have a Restaurant Depot nearby?

Your Wally world ribs are Beef Back Ribs, aka Shiners cause you can see the bones they're so over trimmed.
You don't want those, of course not.

Almost anywhere you can find beef ribs cut and packaged as 'Korean Short Ribs', fat cubes or skinny strips. Or larger individual bone cut Chuck Short Ribs (not back ribs/Shiners) they will have whole racks of Chuck Short Ribs.
Tell them you want the whole rack before they cut/package it for resale.
They come in cryovac bags, two racks per bag, 4-5 bones per rack, approx 6-9 lbs per bag and expect to pay $6-8 per lb.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC in GB
If you have a Costco Business Center nearby, they always have choice chuck short ribs, and run around $4.20/lb.

I saw a 4pk of plate beef ribs at BJ's last time I was there... about 60.00!
I'd probably ground my teeth, picked them up and put them back 3-4 times and finally bought them.

I simply can't get them here.
Not even my favorite local butcher will order them.
He has to buy case quantity and even if I bought half the other half would not sell due to price.

Reactions: JC in GB
Unfortunately those are few and far between.

I know. I am fortunate enough to have one a few miles from work, and another only 30 minutes away. Hopefully they'll open more in other parts of the US.

I live in central Oklahoma and have been looking for some Beef Ribs. All I can find is the ones at Walmart and those leave a lot to be desired. next to no meat on them but what is on them tastes great!!!I have looked at Crest and I have looked at Tinker but no luck.

So where do you buy them?????

All I do is when I buy my year's supply of Choice Prime Rib, when it's on sale, I get them "Bone-In" Then when I get them home I cut the bones off of all of them, and I leave between a half inch & an inch of extra meat on the bone side of the cuts.
Like This:
Smoked Beef Prime Rib Dinos (With Extra Meat)

Bear

Reactions: tomasbigeater
I live in Oklahoma City and have purchased nice beef ribs at Sprouts. If you ask the butcher he will sell you the ribs in a sealed pack. I just buy half a pack and that is usually four ribs. I Sous Vide them following the Anova recipe for smoked beef ribs and then smoke them for six hours. They have a great bark and smoked flavor and are very tender. And yes these cooked ribs do take on a nice amount of smoked flavor! Only smoked beef ribs do have more bark and smoke flavor but the tenderness of this method is really amazing.
mds51

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky