Beef Ribs O-Plenty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
After seeing your post last night, I got up early this morning and went to Albertsons. They had a few racks @ $2.49 that looked good and meaty. It wasn't as good a deal as you got, but still a good deal. Thanks for the heads up, the butcher told me that sometimes a single store in the chain can run a special like that if there is a specific reason. I am really looking forward to getting these smoked.

Awesome looking ribs!
Nice work!
Al

Thanks Al! Much appreciated!

CS, Awsome looking, meaty ribs and a price that is nice and low, good job!

Thanks crazymoon! The price was a good omen! And the omen turned out in the taste!

Ribs came out nice . Like the salad too , haven't had that in awhile .

Chop, the salad was a nice add to refresh the pallet after the rich sweet meat! Super easy and yummy.

You did a Real nice Job on those Ribs!!
There's a lot of Meat on them for Store cut Beef Ribs!!
The only way I get more meat than that is when I cut my own off of my Prime Rib, and then I'm paying Prime Rib Prices---Not 99 cents!!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Thanks Bear! The butchers around here seem to cut them very meaty. We usually find them in the morning on Thursday’s and Fridays cause that is when the trim and restock the boneless rib eye and boneless PR for the weekend. They want the steaks similar size so extra meaty ribs! The wife goes in about 10:30ish and usually scores. Thursday night at 7ish is also a good time.

6.99 for shiners, but there's literally no meat on them. All bones. I'll take a pic sometime

Thanks for the likes five. And yes they have those “stock” bones around here too but they have been fully trimmed good for stock no good for bbq!

After seeing your post last night, I got up early this morning and went to Albertsons. They had a few racks @ $2.49 that looked good and meaty. It wasn't as good a deal as you got, but still a good deal. Thanks for the heads up, the butcher told me that sometimes a single store in the chain can run a special like that if there is a specific reason. I am really looking forward to getting these smoked.

Siege, yes 2.49 is still a good price and now that you mention it. They had a sale on boneless RE and PR. My wife went on the morning the sale started....bingo she got all the ribs they trimmed for the sale. Not sure yours will but Freddy’s also cuts them meaty but they range from 2.99 to 4.99. But you can luck into a set of prime or their black angus....thems are gooooooood! Double R is very good beef though! If my memory serves me right they are a branch of SRF. Good luck on your cook. These were just shy of 4 hours at smoker temp 225 to 250. Finished temp was IT 198-203.

Tropics, mike, & musky thanks for the likes.

Reactions: siege
Leftovers!

I wrapped the remaining ribs flesh down and put them in oven at 275 for an hour then did a quick broil on both sides and bingo!
221F26FD-2CE4-4DE3-B727-A279693E1599.jpeg

....secondhand rib money...LOL
5E5EF1C6-38C1-4CAC-B65D-8C24D53B4306.jpeg

Reactions: drdon
Thanks for the reply . I am so looking forward to smoking them. Yours look awesome. I also heard RR was part of SRF. It's not just excellent potatoes that come out of Idaho. There is some great beef from here too. There is a large commercial buffalo opperation just northwest of here. Even WinCo carries ground buffalo now.

Reactions: civilsmoker
I will warn you....beef ribs are addictive and one needs therapy after because of the loss when they are gone.

I believe beef is Idaho’s #3 “crop”. They are yummy cause the keep jumping the fence and eating the spuds!!!

Reactions: siege
Thanks danmcg!

Drdon thanks for the like it is appreciated!

Last edited:
Nice job on those ribs. Lucky you $.99 you should have bought the whole truck.

Warren

Thanks Warren! Yea no kidding! I did go back to see if they had any more but....notta!

We love Beef Shiners in this house for shore! I thought I was getting a bargin @ $2.89/lbs? .99 cents is a score. Your ribs look awesome and I covet that smoker of yours.

Reactions: civilsmoker
We love Beef Shiners in this house for shore! I thought I was getting a bargin @ $2.89/lbs? .99 cents is a score. Your ribs look awesome and I covet that smoker of yours.

Thanks Tex! They only thing better than prime rib is prime rib on a stick!!! Like I said it was a great day....I had just pulled and all nighter working on a submittal and this meal was the celebration to finishing it...the crazy thing was I was going on no sleep during the cook so not sure how they even turned out.....maybe that was the trick cause I wasn’t messing with it. Just put a new log on when it hit 225......

Covet away:-) having the copper pot around the house sure has changed the quality of our smoked meals for sure! I have said this many times before but there is just something about cooking with fire that warms the soul!!!

You had me at 99 cent per pound haha

Great spread. Like!

uncle eddie, that IS some crazy funny stuff right there!!!!! Big like!!!

Thanks!

mneeley, thanks for the like it is much appreciated!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky