1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Beef Brisket

Discussion in 'Blowing Smoke Around the Smoker.' started by indycolt13, Nov 4, 2013.

1. My beef brisket before I smoked it.  I put it in a brine for about

3 day:

Sugar

Smoked Sea Salt

Curing Salt

Brown Sugar

Smoked paprika

Crushed Red pepper Flakes

1 Whole Dried Ghost Pepper

After being slow smoked for about 8 hrs

The smaller one was coated with Korean BBQ sauce

2. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Smoking Guru OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Hey Indy

I'm thinking that ghost pepper livened things up just a tad, huh??

Gary

3. humdinger

humdinger Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

How was the heat on that thing? Subtle or did it pack a punch?

4. mneeley490

mneeley490 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Well, he hasn't posted again, so maybe there's your answer. [​IMG]

5. LOL.....Very good comments.  I must admit that my tolerance to heat is somewhat higher than most (why else would I have dried ghost peppers, ghost pepper flakes, ghost pepper powder and ghost pepper hot sauce in my house!...LOL) however, the amount of sugar I used really balanced out the heat very nicely.  I gave some to a friend that has a zero tolerance to heat, ketchup is pushing it for him, and he could detect a small amount of the heat but he said it was very good and ate a few more pieces.  I'm guessing I am going to use a few more next time.

6. GaryHibbert

Hey Indy

I just checked your profile and it said you liked throwing bomb-diggity grillin parties--afraid you lost me there--what????

Gary

7. I have had several BBQ parties and my gf calls them "bomb-diggity grillin' parties" so I went with it.

8. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

looks great

9. GaryHibbert

Hey INdy

Here we go with the bomb-diggity grilling parties again.  Will someone just tell this Alberta redneck what this IS.  Please

Gary

10. humdinger

humdinger Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

(Correct me if I am wrong Indycolt), but to answer Gary's question; "Bomb-diggity" is just an elaborate use of slang to express how awesome Indy's grilling parties are. When something is "The bomb!" that means it's really great, so the addition of diggity is just a way to take it to the next level.