BEANLESS CHILI RECIPE (VENISON)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
This is what I do, and it's a big hit in our house. Mine has beans, but I'm sure you could 86 them and still be fine. And not sure if this is the style you're looking for?

THE BASE:
1 LARGE CAN CAN OF TOMATO SAUCE
1 NORMAL CAN OF TOMATO SAUCE
1 CAN DICED TOMATOES (fire roasted)
1 GREEN BELL PEPPER
1 GARLIC
1 ONION (yellow)
1.5.BS GROUND BEEF OR VENISON
1 OR 2 CANS OF LIGHT RED KIDNEY BEANS (OPTIONAL)
1 CAN OF GREEN BEANS
1 CAN OF CORN

THE SEASONING: in tablespoons (I use a normal spoon)
2 ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
2 SUGAR
1 GARLIC POWDER
1 ONION POWDER
1 CAYENNE (OPTIONAL)
2-4 CHILI POWDER (I USE 2)
2 GROUND CUMIN
1 BASIL
1 GROUND BLACK PEPPER
BROWN SUGAR (MAYBE 2 TBLS, I JUST EYEBALL IT)

Sometimes I'll get crazy with it and add a little spicy BBQ sauce and grape jelly to get more of a sweet heat profile. But the good news is, you can change & play with a recipe like this all you want.
I let it simmer basically all day. Great in the fall when all you have to do is watch college football and stir chili lol. Hope this helps.

This is what I do, and it's a big hit in our house. Mine has beans, but I'm sure you could 86 them and still be fine. And not sure if this is the style you're looking for?

THE BASE:
1 GREEN BELL PEPPER
1 GARLIC
1 ONION (yellow)
1 CAN OF GREEN BEANS
1 CAN OF CORN

2 ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
2 SUGAR
1 GARLIC POWDER
1 ONION POWDER
1 CAYENNE (OPTIONAL)
2 GROUND CUMIN
1 BASIL
1 GROUND BLACK PEPPER

Sometimes I'll get crazy with it and add a little spicy BBQ sauce and grape jelly to get more of a sweet heat profile. But the good news is, you can change & play with a recipe like this all you want.
I let it simmer basically all day. Great in the fall when all you have to do is watch college football and stir chili lol. Hope this helps.

Reactions: JLinza

THE BASE:
1 GREEN BELL PEPPER
1 GARLIC
1 ONION (yellow)
1 CAN OF GREEN BEANS
1 CAN OF CORN

2 ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
2 SUGAR
1 GARLIC POWDER
1 ONION POWDER
1 CAYENNE (OPTIONAL)
2 GROUND CUMIN
1 BASIL
1 GROUND BLACK PEPPER

Man thats a great base as is or to build off of! Will keep this one.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky