• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

BBQ GURU controllers: Any users? Any stories about using one? Recommendations?

webrider

Joined Jun 30, 2012
Hi,

My Christmas wish list includes more accessories for the Big Green Eggs. One thing I would like is a BBQ Guru controller. I've read about the 'DigiQ II' and the new wifi controller. I don't actually know anybody who has used one or both of these.

Comments and suggestion?

Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fwismoker

Master of the Pit
Joined Dec 31, 2012
If you just want good temp control then look at the PitMaster IQ's. 

geerock

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 25, 2010
I use the pitmaster iq also. No fancy wifi or other stuff just a good solid temp controller that works.

dward51

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 24, 2011
I've had a DigiQ II on my WSM for several years.  I love it.  It is as close to set and forget as you can have a charcoal smoker to be.

phrett

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 19, 2013
I have a Stoker tht I use on my BGE XL and Med and also on my UDS. I love the variety of things it will work on, the large number of probes that can be used, and it will control two units at once since I have two fans, a 10 CFM for the UDS and XL and a 5 cfm for the med BGE. The real time graphing is super and the alarms, controls, remote monitoring from a smart phone, etc are all things I like. I looked at the Gurus but hought the Stoker fit my needs a bit better.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.