Bar B Que gloves

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

becky g

Original poster
Mar 21, 2017
Greetings,
I am having a heck of a time finding good gloves that fit! Evrything is large, xtra large, one size fits all. Well they DON'T. I would like a pair of ladies gloves. Something that does not stop at the wrist, made of all neoprene or equivalent , able to stand up to heat, and actually doesn't slide off when i set the item down. My main use would be for pulling hot pork butts off the smoker and then pulling the meat apart.
Any suggestions?
Becky G

Reactions: Miss Piggy
welcome1.gif
 To the SMF Becky G,

I would be willing to guess we could track something down for you that should be just what the DR. ordered! LOL

So let's first start with your local welding shops any luck there in finding gloves that fit? 

Last edited:
Try Harbor Freight or Home Depot. I know they generally make them for the guys so the DO run large for our hands, but I kinda solved the problems for that by puttin white cotton gloves on, then put the Welding Gloves over them. (Welder who is a neighbor gave me the idea).

They will get "greasy" as you use them, but if they are just used for your Smoker/Grill, you should be fine.

Try Harbor Freight or Home Depot. I know they generally make them for the guys so the DO run large for our hands, but I kinda solved the problems for that by puttin white cotton gloves on, then put the Welding Gloves over them. (Welder who is a neighbor gave me the idea).

They will get "greasy" as you use them, but if they are just used for your Smoker/Grill, you should be fine.
Hello, I am a welder also and know there are thousands of different types of protective hand wear available. The problem is, trying to find the right pair that works best for that specific individual.  

I personal can't wear big thick heavy bulky nasty heat resistant welding gloves, because then I have absolutely no dexterity to be able to do anything at that point, so I like to wear the lightweight Tillman  TIG gloves. problem there is anything hot you grab will instantly shrivel the leather up and you just ruined them because you won't get your fingers back in them. 

So I guess it's all a trade off at some point and how much looking a person cares to look for the perfect pair of gloves. Hope this info helps, Mike 

Those look like maybe what you are looking for?  Might have to wear a set of cotton gloves inside them depending on your hand size.

Thanks for the link. That pair is extremely similar to what I have. Easy to clean etc...just too big. The posts recommending cotton gloves underneath is a clever solution. Will try that and maybe I will be content.
Thanks for all of the help. // becky g

Showa "Best Black Knight" gloves are about the best BBQ gloves I've seen. They may well be too big too. They do come in various lengths to fit your needs.

WW Grainger, Amazon, Vallen Safety, and others sell them.

Quick tip. They will last practically forever. Just wear them and wash them like you wash your hands and then hang by the finger tips to dry.

Here's a link to Amazon for some of the size 10 versions so you can see what they look like. They also come in a size 9. Note they are priced in packs of 12 pair.

Last edited:
I got a pair of "bear claws" to handle meat I can't really wear gloves either cuz I need to be able to feel what I'm doing but those gloved on amazon give me an idea..….

I got a pair of "bear claws" to handle meat I can't really wear gloves either cuz I need to be able to feel what I'm doing but those gloved on amazon give me an idea..….

Exactly!!
Other than the problem of finding gloves big enough to fit my Paws, I never figured out how anybody can hit a baseball with gloves on, or pass a football with gloves on. It's just not the right "Feel"!

Bear

Reactions: Bud J
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky