Banging Brined Bacon Venison Roasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks too good Chile! I was forced to eat mountain hunted venison which was very gamey a lot when I was a kid, and have recently had mostly corn fed deer. I'm tempted to take up hunting now for the first time in my life!
Great looking meal there Guy.

Warren
Thanks much, glad y'all like it.

Sure thing. It is a reverse engineered version of the local restaurant - Uncle Julio's fajita marinade.

Fajita Marinade:
  • Use for 3-4 pounds of meat
  • 2 cups Pineapple Juice - ****NOT from concentrate***** (Dole brand in the can is always not from concentrate)
  • 1 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
  • Season your meat well with:
    • Black Pepper
    • Garlic (granulated preferred)
    • Onion (dehydrated/minced or granulated preferred)
    • 1 Tbspn Chili Powder
    • 1.5 tspn Ground Cumin
  • Add seasoned meat and liquid into a bag and squeeze out as much air as possible
  • Marinated 24 hours (12 hours will work but not as good)
  • If grilling meat spoon some marinade on meat during the last few minutes of grilling
This stuff is AMAZING!!!! It is so good I used it for my prime rib style roast even though I didn't cook it fajita style. Enjoy :)
Sounds good, thanks for sharing it, I'll be giving it a try.

OK that looks awsome. I have some Ohio deer that I had to debone before bringing home. After adding meet to brine did the 15 hours occur in the fridge or on ice. Be nice as I'm haven't brine anything yet so pretty ignorant on that and many other topics.

I brined in the fridge this time, but a cooler with plenty of ice works just as well.
Brine time isn't a set time, 12-24 hours is good.
Heck, I'm usually lucky to get overnight for brine time.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky