Baking pan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokyMose

Smoking Guru
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 13, 2015
Indianapolis, Indiana
Good afternoon!
I was looking at the Lodge website and came across a baking pan and of course immediately wanted it, but they wanted $47 for it plus shipping. Just South of $60. Too much.
I had been checking at Meijer and Target when I was doing the grocery thing and never saw it. You know how it eats at you when you really want something and I was just about to order it.
Last week while at Meijer, after checking the camping section and the BBQ section again I gave up, but on a whim I went through the kitchen section (where I'd looked before) looking for a banana hook and there it was for $39.95!
Que the choir of Angels! :emoji_astonished: pan.jpg

So of course I needed to use it. The pre-seasoning seemed pretty good so I tried something I'd been wanting to try. mag.jpg
The mix and first rise:
mix.jpg 1rst rise.jpg
Spread it in the pan on top of 2Tb of olive oil for the second rise, topped and baked:
second rise and topping.jpg baked.jpg
I'd never had Focaccia before but it looked like something I would like.
Turned out awesome! We had 4 slices right out of the pan before we stopped or we wouldn't be able to eat dinner.
cut.jpg slice.jpg
Crunchy on the bottom and the bread has a nice chew to it.
I love this pan and am thinking of other things. Pizza comes to mind....

Thanks for looking, and have a nice evening!
Dan

Congrats on finding the pan local. Your Focaccia reminds me of Detroit deep dish pizza, looks great.
How deep is that pan? Can't really tell from the pics.

Reactions: SmokyMose
Congrats on finding the pan local. Your Focaccia reminds me of Detroit deep dish pizza, looks great.
How deep is that pan? Can't really tell from the pics.
Just a fuzz over an inch. I'm thinking the same dough spread a little thinner would make a good "deep dish".

Reactions: motocrash
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky