Baked Ham and swiss sliders

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
This is a well known recipe on the net with several variations.
Not my cook on this one. This is Ryder. A lot of times when we have some kind of soup he likes to make these.

Start out with some Hawaiian rolls cut in half
0109211940.jpg

Then a nice layer of your favorite deli ham
0109212014e.jpg

Top that with a nice layer of Swiss cheese. ( Ryder called in a sous chef lol!).
0109212016b~2.jpg

Put the top half of the rolls back on.
0109212020.jpg

Then the topping.... Butter ,wochestishire , poppy seeds, salt pepper and onion powder. Pop it in the microwave for a few seconds then pour it over the sandwiches and make sure the tops get some poppy seeds brushed on top.
0109212014g~2.jpg
0109212022.jpg
0109212026.jpg

Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 min. Then uncover and bake another 5 min.
0109212027_HDR.jpg
0109212049.jpg
0109212114.jpg

I had 2 of them to go along with some of Steve H Steve H sausage potato chowder. Great stuff! I didnt have the little cocktail sausages so I just cut up a ring of smoked sausage. I'll be making it again for sure! The whole family enjoyed it!
0109212326a.jpg

Ryder says thanks for taking a look!

Looks like a great meal. Ryder done did good.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Sowsage
Great job Ryder! Nice looking sammies! Bet they were good with that soup!

Ryan

Man I haven't had those in a looooong time but I love them. Nice work Ryder. Soup looks great Travis. I bookmarked the other day. Definitely gonna make it soon

Those sliders look scrumptious!! I bet they went really well with the soup but I'd have a hard time figuring out which would be best...both look like they could be a meal in and of itself. Love you getting the kids involved. That's just too cool!! Great work once again Travis.

Robert

We've been enjoying a lot of variations of ham and cheese lately, this will be next! Fantastic looking sliders.

These are so good---We have them every Christmas morning- Almost exact recipe = (we brush with butter and sprinkle poppy seed on top) Thanks for the post!!!

Awesome!!
You always have Great Posts!
But how can you miss with the Help You have!!
You are Truly Blessed, Travis!!
Nice Job Guys!
Like.

Bear

Hmmm ... love it all ... Hawaiian rolls + ham + cheese = triple crown ... add pineapple for a four-bagger :emoji_wink:
(mixed metaphors, I know, I know ...)

Great job Ryder! Nice looking sammies! Bet they were good with that soup!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan, the soupbwas awesome! And Ryder did a great job!
Man I haven't had those in a looooong time but I love them. Nice work Ryder. Soup looks great Travis. I bookmarked the other day. Definitely gonna make it soon
Thanks jake you'll like the soup! We do all different kinds of those sandwiches. Easy for Ryder to put together and always good!
Your kids nailed it! And I'm glad ya'll liked the soup!
Thanks Steve ! Boys did awesome! And I put the soup I'm my recipe book! Real good stuff man! Glad you posted it.
The loser of the sandwich crown is Travis and the new King is Ryder and company. Sorry but that's my decision Travis.

Warren
Warren, I'm afraid you might be right. He sees all the sandwiches I make and its just a matter of time before he shows me up on every one of them!!

Those sliders look scrumptious!! I bet they went really well with the soup but I'd have a hard time figuring out which would be best...both look like they could be a meal in and of itself. Love you getting the kids involved. That's just too cool!! Great work once again Travis.

Robert
Thanks Robert! Bothbthe soup and the sandwiches were great. Either would make a meal but I gotta have a sandwich with my soup.....even with a hearty chowder like this one! Always a good time in the kitchen with the boys!
We've been enjoying a lot of variations of ham and cheese lately, this will be next! Fantastic looking sliders.
Thanks Teal! They were great!
These are so good---We have them every Christmas morning- Almost exact recipe = (we brush with butter and sprinkle poppy seed on top) Thanks for the post!!!
Thanks! we do a few different kinds. Breakfast ones are good!
Awesome!!
You always have Great Posts!
But how can you miss with the Help You have!!
You are Truly Blessed, Travis!!
Nice Job Guys!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear, I really appreciate that! I have the best kitchen help I could ever ask for thats for sure!
Hmmm ... love it all ... Hawaiian rolls + ham + cheese = triple crown ... add pineapple for a four-bagger :emoji_wink:
(mixed metaphors, I know, I know ...)
lol! Now that you mentioned pinapple......may have to do the next ones a little different!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky