Bad control board??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigtruk

Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
I just acquired a Green Mountain Jim Bowie pellet grill for free. Previous owner just said it didn’t work. I assumed the auger was clogged since they stored it outside even in the winter. I had this issue with my older Louisiana Grill. Anyway, I plug it in. The display come up as “off”. Flip on the power and it goes to “0”. I push a button to change the temp and something inside starts spinning. Display stays at “0” and will not change. I am assuming the control board is bad? Also, how would I check the other components to make sure they work?

thanks for any input!!

How long did you let it sit while it was displaying "0"? It has to go through the startup process before you can adjust temp. Should go 0, 1, 2, 3 then 150 deg F. After it's up to 150F you can then adjust your set temp.

Check out this YouTube video for initial startup:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky