Bacon done.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Bacon came out good. Smoke 12 hours at 120. Let sit over night in fridge. Vacuum packed 6 days until I could get back to it. Freezing for 4 hours worked great!. Thanks to suggestion.

20200510_131446.jpg 20200516_093823.jpg 20200516_101936.jpg

That's some beautiful looking bacon, would love to have that!

What kind of wood did you smoke it with? And I'll go searching, but what is the "Freeze for 4 hours" tip?

By freezing it the bacon is easier to slice. Doesn't necessarily have to be 4 hours, just want to get it firm, not froze solid

Ryan

After finishing up I can't really say that it really better than store bought. It smelled really good but not much smoke flavor. I can see where you could get creative with different flavors but think I just stick to store bought.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky