Bacon Cure Links

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mtnlakeman

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 3, 2012
I butchered 3 hogs over the weekend and am wondering where do I find bacon cure recipes? More specifically I see Pops and Bearcarvers bacon is a must try. Then when I search for them 14,000 references show up all talking about how good it is and maybe adding a little extra this or that, but I can't find the holy grail links to the recipes?

I've got six bellies, 3 loins (Canadian), 3 butts (BBB), 4 jowls, 2 hams, 12 hocks, and miscellaneous trim that looks like it will be good in beans, that are destined for curing so hoping someone can send me a link to a recipe and a little support of why it's good ?

I have a really good commercial cure from Spokane Spice for 125#'s which has never failed me, but I prefer using trusted friends and family recipes as they have a connection that I think makes them taste better.

As for the subject at hand If anyone hasn't butchered a hog before you'll quickly realize how appropriate the Little Red Hen book is for finding friends once there's bellies, butts, ribs and a pile of trim sitting on a piece of maple.

This should help I think

Should find some good bacon from bear here as well

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky