Bacon cheeseburger meatloaf...OMG

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

greendrake

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 6, 2009
North Idaho
So my son wanted cheeseburgers and my wife wanted meatloaf...okie dokie, I can do this.

1lb lean beef

1.5lb ground chuck

1lb cooked crumbled bacon

1/2 lb shredded cheese

1 cup bread crumbs

2 eggs

any seasonings you like, mix all this up and add a half cup of the mustard ketchup mix

Mustard ketchup mix, just do about a cup and a half, two parts ketchup one part mustard.  Slather the rest all over the loaf.

Put in veggie basked and smoke til 150, then top with fried onions til 160 and enjoy.  This is an amazingly eazy and delicious dinner, breakfast, snack, whatever.

0f655caa_cheeborgie.jpg

that does look amazing!  how long did it take to smoke to 150-160? couple hours or longer? i've never made a meatloaf

A meatloaf on smoke is just a big burger with some egg and breadcrumbs really.  I think this only took about two and a half hours, again I hit it with just the smoke setting for a while, so outside temp affects this.  I then bump it up to 225 to finish.  I don't have any pics of the sliced portions, I was in a frenzy to eat it while the juices were oozing out of it.  I am sure I will do it again, this is the new family favorite for sure.  A guy could have a ton of fun with meatloaf recipes, going to try some new ones next week.

A meatloaf on smoke is just a big burger with some egg and breadcrumbs really.   I think this only took about two and a half hours, again I hit it with just the smoke setting for a while, so outside temp affects this.  I then bump it up to 225 to finish.  I don't have any pics of the sliced portions, I was in a frenzy to eat it while the juices were oozing out of it.  I am sure I will do it again, this is the new family favorite for sure.  A guy could have a ton of fun with meatloaf recipes, going to try some new ones next week.
Don't tell my wife that!       
icon_rolleyes.gif

Meatloaf is one of my favorite things to do. 

Sooo did it taste more like the cheeseburger or meat loaf, or both??  Sounds awesome either way
It tasted more like a juicy cheeseburger, with the fat from the ground chuck and the cheese and bacon inside....with a ketchup/mustard bark on it....man, I want to go make anothe one.  Definitely fun to try out and make for a football game  or guests. 

icon_cool.gif

Now thats an awesome idea and you made everyone happy too. Great Job

Aw Yes, smoked meatloaf, absolutely a food group in itself, also great when wrapped with bacon, and then ........... but I better stop, starting to get hungry.  Great looking meatloaf.  You do know that you're a very short step away from stuffed meatloaf/burgers..........it's all delicious. 

Aw Yes, smoked meatloaf, absolutely a food group in itself, also great when wrapped with bacon, and then ........... but I better stop, starting to get hungry.  Great looking meatloaf.  You do know that you're a very short step away from stuffed meatloaf/burgers..........it's all delicious. 
I was thinking of a gian juicy lucy next, maybe stuffing it with jalapenos and gorgonzola.  You know, healthy stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky