Back to cast iron skillets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I use CI on a glasstop stove too. (Funny my 80yo stuff has a flatter bottom than the new, but even with a modern modern lip around the edge, it heats up just fine, just slower.) But it can scratch a glass cooktop, and that would put me in the doghouse, so I'm careful.
Which is getting harder. The older I get, the heavier CI gets...that gravitational constant is NOT constant...it's definitely increasing and fast. :emoji_sunglasses: So I frequently need to use both hands (gloved or mitted) when I move the CI on the stove.

This has been some interesting reading. I have several pieces, including a porcelain coated Dutch oven and a deep skillet. I love using them. I have 3 pieces I have to re season. One of them is well over 100 years old, from my understanding. Unfortunately, it, as well as two lodge pans got cleaned the hard way. A fifth wheel fire cleaned all 3 of them real good. I think I have an understanding on how to season them, but you try to research it and there are all sorts of different ways to do it, depending on which article you read.

This has been some interesting reading. I have several pieces, including a porcelain coated Dutch oven and a deep skillet. I love using them. I have 3 pieces I have to re season. One of them is well over 100 years old, from my understanding. Unfortunately, it, as well as two lodge pans got cleaned the hard way. A fifth wheel fire cleaned all 3 of them real good. I think I have an understanding on how to season them, but you try to research it and there are all sorts of different ways to do it, depending on which article you read.
Very definitely a wide range of how to season cast properly! Just ask the experts! Lol

Ryan

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky