Back Fat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DailyLunatic

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 11, 2023
Ban Ko Kaeo, Thailand
Hallelujah! Hallelujah, praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition...

I have FINALLY found a source for back fat. Cubed, slab, or vacuum packed in 10Kg boxes... Great huge heaping mountains of it... and it's only an hour away.

I was on my bike, and had other pick-ups, so I only got a Kg.

No more scrounging or using the nasty jelly looking stuff the local guy was trying to pawn off on me.

I'll try in Spam in a few days, and do a sausage grind next week. Mesa so happy. 😁

-sterling

It's a comforting thing to have a good supply of meat products available at any time of the year. Where we are there are butchers at almost every turn, and we love it!

Hallelujah! Hallelujah, praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition...

I have FINALLY found a source for back fat. Cubed, slab, or vacuum packed in 10Kg boxes... Great huge heaping mountains of it... and it's only an hour away.

I was on my bike, and had other pick-ups, so I only got a Kg.

No more scrounging or using the nasty jelly looking stuff the local guy was trying to pawn off on me.

I'll try in Spam in a few days, and do a sausage grind next week. Mesa so happy. 😁

-sterling
I’m with you I found a guy near me and was able to get 150lb of USDA inspected clean back fat lol

Reactions: DailyLunatic
I'm very lucky to have my next door neighbor who works as a butcher at the local meat processing plant. Best part its free lol.
20230818_165515.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky