B&B Competition Char-Logs?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

js0813

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 3, 2018
Alabama
Just wondering if anyone’s used these to grill or smoke? I’m tempted to grab a bag and just give it a shot. Seems like the hole though it would allow for more air flow.

I usually run all stick burn, but like using a stack of coals to get the fire going sometimes. And I always have it as the base for my grilling.

FWIW, the photo below isn’t mine...stole from ol’ Google for the post.

7AB1F659-D0A5-480C-88DF-C09737E24C54.jpeg

I’ve seen these in academy sports many times and wondered the same thing. Did you ever try them? I’m curious to know if they are a useful fuel/smoke source!

SmokinLogs SmokinLogs sorry meant to reply to this a while back. Been on the road for work a lot here lately.

Just got a chance to use them last week. Probably the whole top half of my bag was busted apart. Looks like it took a pretty hard spill. Being busted, I probably had all sections that were 2 to 3 inches long, with a hole through the center still. Honestly they burned pretty good. I need to measure the heat next time, but wait honestly they burned pretty good. I need to measure the heat next time, but weight wise they gave less ash and lasted probably 30 min longer than the Kingsford I by on sale at Lowe’s. I used them as my biggest starter for my oak and pecan split logs

By the old hand test they seemed a bit warmer. But like I said, i’ll try and remember to measure the temp next time I’ll throw some in.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky