avoiding plagiarism!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinjokers

Original poster
Jan 30, 2013
southeast Texas
Been a while folks. How has everyone been? I was looking for some help with my team name. I was going to go with smokin jokers BBQ and had a logo figured out and everything, until i did a Google search and found a KCBS team out of st Louis already has it. Since I'm all the way down in southeast Texas, would that be a problem? Especially if i open a small restaurant in the future

Since you know there "may" be a conflict....  why not change the name a bit....  Smoke-N-Jokers.... or something similar..

I am lookin at the teams on the KCBS site and do not see a Smokin Jokers listed. Maybe the team you googled is not an active member any more. I would imagine that when you sign up they won't let you choose a name already used by another current team. I'd call KCBS and ask them.

But these guys are right^^. Just add "of SE TX". An example is Big Daddy's BBQ and Big Daddy's Bama BBQ. Both are active KCBS teams.

Last edited:
Google BBQ team name database or listing. You'll find some websites that is supposed to cover all BBQ comp names. There are several websites and I doubt they are all synced together.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky