Avocado Dipping Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sagcalif

Original poster
Mar 15, 2006
Ventura, California
I recently smoked pork tenderloin for my office. I decided to serve my avocado sauce and see if anyone liked it. It was a tremendous success so I thought I would share it here.

Avocado BBQ Dipping Sauce

1 ½ Cups Mashed Avocados
½ Cup Worcestershire Sauce
½ Teaspoon Salt
½ Teaspoon Black Pepper
½ Teaspoon Chipotle Chile Pepper
¼ Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons White Grape Juice
1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic

Combine all ingredients in blender and liquefy.

Do not use on grill (direct heat), avocados turn bitter when cooked. One time I did put on meat for the last ½ hour when smoking meat (indirect heat) without a problem; however, when the leftovers were reheated in microwave oven the sauce did turn slightly bitter.

Best used as a dipping sauce at mealtime.

Just whipped it up. The chicken is still going, but....

the sauce is good. However, I think that there's too much Worsterchire (or however it is spelled) so I added a bit of soy. The sauce was too sweet, so I think next time less brown sugar.

I'll let ya know how it is on chicken.

Actually, on a 10 point scale, I would have given it a 5 or 6, not really great. Needs tweaking, but the ingredients are kind of pricey.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky