Auber WS-1200 controller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poacherjoe

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
Central Ca
This controller comes ready to use but is set up for a Bradley smoker. Do you have to re tune it to use on a Smokintex1460 smoker or just plug it in and go ?

You'll need to auto tune it. Heres the instructions for a Smokin-It smoker. It should be the same for Smokintex.

Attachments

• Auber Autotune Instructions.pdf
    265.5 KB · Views: 160
Reactions: poacherjoe
Great, glad it worked out! It still surprises me when I check the smoker temp and its just cruising right along where I set it.

Reactions: chopsaw
This controller comes ready to use but is set up for a Bradley smoker. Do you have to re tune it to use on a Smokintex1460 smoker or just plug it in and go ?
What are the benefits of this unit? I have a 1460 and I feel like my temps are way off. Smoked a 11 lb brisket at 225 for 12 hours, thermapen said it was 209, point was juicy and was soft as butter but he bottom was burnt and the flat was dryer than Nevada in August. Thinking I might need something to help regulate the temps.

What are the benefits of this unit? I have a 1460 and I feel like my temps are way off. Smoked a 11 lb brisket at 225 for 12 hours, thermapen said it was 209, point was juicy and was soft as butter but he bottom was burnt and the flat was dryer than Nevada in August. Thinking I might need something to help regulate the temps.
You can program it to save settings for each item you smoke. I have the 1460 too and it had 30 degree temperature swings. The guy at SmokinTex said it was no big deal but I bought the Auber controller and never looked back. I do a lot of summer sausage and bologna so I need exact temps and the Auber does that for you.

You can program it to save settings for each item you smoke. I have the 1460 too and it had 30 degree temperature swings. The guy at SmokinTex said it was no big deal but I bought the Auber controller and never looked back. I do a lot of summer sausage and bologna so I need exact temps and the Auber does that for you.
Thanks for the quick reply! Is it worth it for briskets, ribs and butts? I too am concerned about the swings. Was it easy to set up? I looked over the guide for the Smokin-it calibration and honestly I dont even know what I was looking at haha.

SmokinTex would not admit the obvious because he is selling a product. If you want exact temps with no swings purchase the Auber controller. It wasn't hard to set up and you can call a company representative to guide you with the process. But you are better off studying the manual so you get a good understanding of how it works. Good Luck

SmokinTex would not admit the obvious because he is selling a product. If you want exact temps with no swings purchase the Auber controller. It wasn't hard to set up and you can call a company representative to guide you with the process. But you are better off studying the manual so you get a good understanding of how it works. Good Luck
Thanks a bunch!

I cannot get my hands on an Auber unfortunately. I live in Canada and they just are not available.

Hi Young. I know I'm a little late but am curious how did you make out. I'm in Winnipeg and got the Auber unit mabey a month ago. Am no good with electric stuff so it was a bit of headache to get it hooked up right to mes 30. Used it on my old analog and wow! Awesome.! Got my digital 30 hooked up now and it's a dream. How are you making out?

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky