Asian Skirt Steak Omelette (A Few Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
This one isn't very pretty but it sure was good...and VERY cheesy!! Did some Asian marinated skirt steaks for dinner Friday evening had had some left. Decided to make a quick omelette for breakfast yesterday morning. Tracy was in town and I had a ton of chores to get done and a bunch of people coming over for dinner that I needed to get moving on. Time was short so just tossed this together

Here is the leftover steak
001.jpg

Slice it up and toss it in the electric skillet with a bit of butter
002.jpg

Whisk 3 eggs with a splash of milk, dump into the skillet and somewhat form it up, then put the steak on
003.jpg

A pretty good dose of extra sharp cheddar cheese
004.jpg

I wound up adding more cheese on top. Sliced and served with a couple pieces of buttered toast
005.jpg

As I said, not very pretty but it was just wonderful. Look at all that melted cheesy gooiness. The flavor of the marinated steaks was such that this didn't need anything else...no salt, no pepper, no hot sauce, nothing. It was perfect so I left it alone and just devoured it. Now I'm ready to tackle the day.

Robert

Robert If I didn't post the not so pretties I wouldn't have any post.Looks good to me.
Richie

Nothing wrong with that robert, looks good! I'd eat that beef in a blanket all day long.

Ryan

Looks Great, Robert!!
I've done that a few times with leftover Ribeye & I love it.
Yours even looks like mine, except I like my toast a bit lighter.
Nice Job!!
Like.
I don't have anything in the Breakfast Section, because I have always put them on the end of the Meal that produced the Leftovers.
Is that a New Forum Section?? "Breakfast"

Bear

Yours even looks like mine, except I like my toast a bit lighter.

Thanks so much Bear!! I forgot to check the setting on the toaster. Tracy had it set for her morning English muffin so the toast got a bit more done than I would typically like.

Is that a New Forum Section?? "Breakfast"

Yes sir it is. Was started recently. Wasn't getting much attention then all of a sudden it started getting folks joining in last weekend. Now it looks like it's taking off. Please do post your stuff that is breakfast related. We only get to do breakfast on the weekends but always enjoy it and I'm forever looking for new ideas.

Robert

I think that breakfast is a thing of beauty, I'd house that. Also, that's my preference for toast. Don't touch that dial!!

Like!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky