Appleton wi rib roast search

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

doohop65

Smoke Blower
Original poster
May 19, 2013
Fox Valley, Wisconsin
Looking to smoke a rib roast next week for my family christmas. Checked all over and the best I can find is 8.99 per pound for choice with Wally World at 6.49 for select

Anybody out there know where a guy can find a better price. If not the wife may force me to use the 1.99 pork loin from the local grocery since I "make that taste so good anyway"

Please help.

A few days ago, my wife bought a 5 1/2 lb. choice PR at our local Wal Mart (NE Okla) for 6.97/lb.  Haven't smoked it yet, but it looks very good.  I told Mrs. Red that at that price I wish she would have picked up 2 or 3.  But she has a hard time laying down 40-50 dollars for one piece of meat.

Red

The cheapest I have found is Becks meat by kaukana.

I also checked
Sams club
Walmart
Festival
Haen meats
Cedar creek
Meat block
Jacobs
Neimaths
Woodmans

I think that may be all of them. I work in Ag so I know steers are worth good money right now but this is ridiculous.

I was at Sam's on the west side of Green Bay this past Friday to see what is available as far as Prime Rib.  They said that they no longer stock standing rib roast.  They had a ton of Rib Eye Roast though, but still over 8 bucks a pound.

Venture that may  be a good idea .

I just pulled up becks website and they have it on sale for 6.99. Here is the question. They have bone in an boneless for the same price. I will b feeding 20 people. Can I get away without the bone and save some money or do I bite the bullet  and get bone in.

Also, will a 5 bone be enough or do  get a full 4 bone 

Thanks guys

Venture that may  be a good idea .

I just pulled up becks website and they have it on sale for 6.99. Here is the question. They have bone in an boneless for the same price. I will b feeding 20 people. Can I get away without the bone and save some money or do I bite the bullet  and get bone in.

Also, will a 5 bone be enough or do  get a full 4 bone 

Thanks guys
There are many who swear that bone-in is much better...personally I don't notice a huge difference.  For that reason, I usually look for boneless...that way I get more meat for the same per-pound price.

That's my 2 cents, for what its worth.

Red

I like bone in, but if the price is the same?  Not sure I would pay for the bone unless I was in a real generous mood?

Good luck and good smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky