Apple Wood Chips!!!! You'll never guess where I got 'em!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

woody

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 25, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
First, let me just say I've only smoked with Mesquite and Hickory. They're great, but man are they....smoky.

I was looking around the local Mejiers and I found a bag of apple wood chips! It was about $2.99. I threw some in a foil packet in the good 'ol silver smoker....and whew...that is the sweetest smelling smoke I ever did smell. Yum. I've enclosed a picture of the bag, no weight included but it said it was 180 square inches.
34385dbb_vbattach10798.jpg

Hey....are you making fun of my enthusiasm? :)

Uh, seriously it was at Meijers. It was in the post, dude.

If you found mesquite and hickory to be a little strong then I think you'll be pleased with the lighter flavor of apple. It may be a little too light for beef when used alone as it is a very mellow wood so I like to blend it with pecan for beef. :D Hope you find it to your liking.

I am geussing you did not go to a store anywhere near my area of the country. I went out Saturday and drove around for 3 hours to 7 different locations. I could not find apple or cherry wood chunks to save my life. Now I am using hickory, which I never used. I like the why the hickory is working, but I LOVE the fruit flavored woods.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky