Anyone used an Orion bullet smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hank33

Original poster
Jan 5, 2023
Wanted a bullet smoker and did a lot of research. Landed on the Orion bullet smoker but hadn’t seen much conversation about it. Wondering if anyone has advice for me when I break it in.

It's interesting. I've never seen one in person, but I really love my WSM bullet smoker, and this seems to have a few improvements, at a lower price. I like the external handles on the top and barrel, and the fact that it comes set up for both grates and hanging racks--use of hangers is an aftermarket option only for the Webers.

I don't see an option for use of a water pan, though, and I didn't see any pass-through port for running thermocouples into the cooker. I wonder if the temps can be regulated as precisely as they can on a WSM, which has 4 adjustable vents.

Hopefully someone can post a. hands-on review.

Don't know much about the bullet smoker but a friend has the large original cooker and has turned out some decent food on it.

Like the video!

Reactions: Burlymanchef
It's interesting. I've never seen one in person, but I really love my WSM bullet smoker, and this seems to have a few improvements, at a lower price. I like the external handles on the top and barrel, and the fact that it comes set up for both grates and hanging racks--use of hangers is an aftermarket option only for the Webers.

I don't see an option for use of a water pan, though, and I didn't see any pass-through port for running thermocouples into the cooker. I wonder if the temps can be regulated as precisely as they can on a WSM, which has 4 adjustable vents.

Hopefully someone can post a. hands-on review.
Allegedly they want you to just dump water into the smoker itself around the heating element, but that seems a little suspect. I feel like you would want a water pan directly above where the heat is coming out.

Wanted a bullet smoker and did a lot of research. Landed on the Orion bullet smoker but hadn’t seen much conversation about it. Wondering if anyone has advice for me when I break it in.

I never saw the smoker in that video ;)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky