Anyone ever wrapped a pork loin around the bacon?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrad

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 27, 2012
Princeton, MN
I was going to wrap my stuffedn pork lion with bacon. Then, after I filleted it, I started wondering in I could wrap the loin around the bacon to retain some mositure and bacon fat. Would this work, or would the baocn not have a good consistency at 145-150 degrees?

Reactions: JLeonard
They have you covered above.
I have put lots of 3/4 cooked bacon inside of loins and it was very nice and the little grease ( flavour ) was just an extra bonus.
But not cooked would be just a chewy greasy mess inside the loin , or pouring out the ends. Just my view and thoughts.

David

Thanks for the replies. I didn't think it would work. Did the bacon wrap instead and rooled black forest ham and swiss cheese inside. Is 145 the temp to shoot for?

They have you covered above.
I have put lots of 3/4 cooked bacon inside of loins and it was very nice and the little grease ( flavour ) was just an extra bonus.
But not cooked would be just a chewy greasy mess inside the loin , or pouring out the ends. Just my view and thoughts.

David
I agree with this idea, my first thought was to just cook up a bunch of bacon and put it inside, I would have cooked it all the way, but I like my bacon crispy.

Just wrap it on the outside, works perfectly.

I agree with this idea, my first thought was to just cook up a bunch of bacon and put it inside, I would have cooked it all the way, but I like my bacon crispy.
yes I cooked mine all the way the other day with the onions and lots of cheese

3.JPG 17.JPG

It was good

David

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 4
Something else you could try...I did this years ago and it was great...no pics tho.

I took a whole pork loin and cut a 1" slit in it with a boning knife in the center the full length through. Then I inserted a whole stick of pepperoni inside I had leftover from pizza making. The loin picked up the pepperoni flavor and even looked kinda cool when sliced with that medallion of pepperoni in the center. I called it Porked Pork. :emoji_grin:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky