Any Mods for new Masterbuilt smokehouse?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

elkhorn98

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Occidental, CA
Just ordered one from cabelas. It is the new model #20070106 so it will have the air damper and dock latch. Anything else I should look at upgrading?

A great big welcome to you elkhorn98:p

This thread details problems with the older version
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/showthread.php?t=1633
Your newer model should be ready to go with the exception that you need to watch the door seal.

There is info in the above thread as how to fix this if you have a problem with the door

Hopefully some of the guys with the newer model will jump in with their experiences using theirs.

If you have not posted in roll call yet please do so and let everyone know you are here. Give a few details about your smoking experience, equipment, etc. There are a lot of good folks here waiting to get know you!

no mods needed....I've got one of the new ones and zero problems with it....not even a door seal issue.....you just make sure you clean the door seal after each use is all. Just make sure you burn off the oils first, I ran mine at 100 degrees for about 30 minutes with the damper wide open and watched for it to stop smoking, then season it about 4 or 5 hours with your choice of wood at say 200 degrees.......then off and smoking!!!! :D

How accurate is the thermostat in these? Mine arrives tomorrow. Fast shipping from cabelas. I will be smoking this weekend...I am planning to do some fatties and maybe a pork shoulder.

During the seasoning process you can use oven thermometers or meat probes with the cables coming out the top vent to validate the digital reading of your controller.

You should find it real close as there has been no complaints on this isssue on SMF

Enjoy the new smoker
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky