Another TX newbie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TripleLindy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 1, 2022
DFW area
I’ve been an active member of KamadoGuru but just learned that it is shutting down at the end of the year. Another Guru member recommended this site, so here I am. Based on lurking around for a bit, it looks like a great site! I’ve spent more $ over the years chasing BBQ perfection than I’d care to admit, starting with a Brinkmann R2D2-like smoker, and hope I’ve found my groove with the Kamado Joe. I have the obligatory gasser for quick cooks, but the KJ is my favorite. A Kettle/SnS and Pit Barrel Cooker also remain in the lineup, but are mostly relegated to the bench. I reluctantly gave away my offset last spring when we had a new outdoor kitchen built. It weighed more than 500 pounds, so when one of the crew showed interest in it, I was glad to have someone get some use out of it, while at the same time, hauling it out of my backyard. My days (and nights) of babysitting a fire are now in the past.

Glad to be here and hope to share some cooks soon!

Welcome from Iowa! Glad you joined us!
And don't worry...there's enough enablers around here we can gladly help spend your money on things you need! :emoji_blush:

Ryan
Too funny and thanks for all the warm welcomes! I’ll gladly accept any enablement if it improves my smoking! It’s kinda like golf - I’d buy a game if one was for sale. I’ve definitely spent plenty trying to find one.

Welcome. I'm in the DFW area. I've been using my WSM and am buying an offset for the back patio.
Too bad I didn't find this site sooner, as I would have gladly given you mine. It wasn't a real heavy gauge steel, but it did the job. My wife and I are empty nesters now, so I hadn't used the offset in years. Most everything I cook can fit on the 18" KJ. If I need more space, I'll bring the Kettle or PBC out. And there's always the natural gasser for anything that just needs grilling.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky