Another Louisiana noob!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nawlinsboy2007

Original poster
Dec 10, 2017
New Orleans
Hello everyone!!! My name is Tony, I live in the New Orleans area more specifically on the westbank for the local folks. I recently bought a Cabelas deluxe grinder and so far expermented with a jalapeno/cheddar summer sausage which came out excellent, snack sticks need to do some work on them, and lastly fresh hamburger meat mixed with Applewood bacon. I did a 3# trial of the summer sausage and everyone loved it so much I'm working on a 18# batch to smoke on Wednesday night through Thursday morning.

My last batch was 2# pork, 1# beef with backwoods summer sausage seasoning. 3.5oz of cheese and 1.5oz of jalapenos. I' going to up the amount of jalapenos a bit to get a little more bite.
They were smoked with pecan pellets, 2 hours at 125° and 9.5 hours at 175° which got me to an IT of 160°

My smoking equipment consist of a MES 30, after reading great reviews of the Amazn pellet smoker I picked up a 3 row maze for pellets, and I also purchased the dual probe ThermoPro TP-20 (works great)..

I have a few other hobbies that include reef aquariums, and rc helicopters.

Looking forward to many adventures and learning lots of new things. Wife already told me she plans on hiding my phone from me when I started talking about making fresh bacon. Lol.

Happy smoking everyone!!

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a chilly, damp and dreary day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky