Another Ice Tragedy Strikes (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Robert, sorry buddy… that is horrible! All that work… my heart goes out to ya my friend!

Only positive I can think is using the fallen branches for some future smoking wood chunks! 🤷🏼‍♂️

That is heartbreaking Robert. I’m so sorry to hear that and see it. Hang in there, let us know if you need anything.
Thanks so much Jed. got a couple gallons of Stihl engineered fuel and a few quarts of bar & chain oil laying around? :emoji_laughing: Our little Ace Hardware sold out in a matter of minutes after opening yesterday...but I was first in line and loaded up on stuff. We are good.

Robert

Boy howdy Robert, that has to be a tough one to take after all the effort you put in, nature has a way of reclaiming her own. Pretty obvious what you'll be up to soon, be careful bud!
Appreciate it my friend. Actually got about 5 hours in today cutting stuff down on the right side of the house. Made a noticeable dent in it but that's the easy part. Now it all needs to be loaded up and taken out of here. Gonna be a long couple of months it looks like.

Robert

That sucks Robert! We lose some branches here in ice storms but nothing that bad. We have no leaves on trees so way less surface area to ice up.
Thanks so much for the sentiments. I believe you hit the nail on the head. The cedars here are green all year as are the live oaks. All the leaves and greenery gives a LOT of surface area for the ice to cling to. We got about 3/4" of ice in this storm, and that is a LOT of ice. 1/10 of an inch will shut things down due to dangerous travel. What we got was devastating.

Robert

Darn Robert, sorry to hear that. We have had our share of natural disasters this year too, so I REALLY feel your pain.
Thanks buddy. Believe me, you were in my thoughts as I was surveying the damage. You folks in FL have had more than your share of weather related setbacks recently.
You have a beautiful piece of land, and in time it will come back, but it will be a new back.
Appreciate the thought but as slow as the trees grow, it won't happen in our lifetime.
I don’t envy the cleanup though!
Started today and it sucks, no doubt about that.

Robert

So sad to see that, Robert!
Appreciate it Sherry. Tracy was pretty much in tears hearing the chain saw running and seeing mountain after mountain of limbs pile up today as I got started on the clean up.

Robert

Damn Robert! I knew there was ice up your way, but not that bad!
I honestly don't think they anticipated it to be as bad as it was. The forecast just kept changing every time it exceeded what they said an hour ago...but we know those guys aren't to be trusted :emoji_wink:

Robert

Hate to hear this, sadly it takes a long time to grow a tree or for 1 to recover from a storm , some things we can control women and others we can’t

Mother Nature is her own force and works according to her own timeline. Sorry to see the damage but it is part of the cycle of life - all we can do is adapt. Pretty sure you will have it all cleaned up it no time at all.

Damn sorry that happened to you Robert. I'd rather have snow then an ice storm, they are just nasty. Wish I lived closer so I could give you a hand.

Dave

The daunting task to get nature cleared up from its natural state certainly requires tremendous effort. Then mother nature slides through and screws it up all over. So disheartening Robert. Definitely feel your pain. :emoji_disappointed:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky