Another Good Steak...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
Back in February I was the beneficiary of my special gift box from a special forum member tx smoker tx smoker that contained the first and only tri tips that I've ever had and they were phenomenal. If you want to check that cook out, here it is. Also in that gift box were some more goodies, T-bone and Porterhouse steaks from CPB...
20220602_151314[1].jpg

I had been hanging on to these for a special occasion and that day was this past week when some of my family from Pennsylvania stopped by for a couple of days on their way to Florida to visit some more family. In keeping with the good steak theme posted by schlotz schlotz and tx smoker tx smoker , here I go...

Simply seasoned with course salt and cracked black pepper...
20220602_171814[1].jpg

Onto the grill with some lump for a reverse sear...
20220602_183539[1].jpg

Brought internal temp up to about 115℉ and then seared until about 125℉ which didn't take long. Time to rest...
20220602_183955[1].jpg

Meanwhile in some butter and EVOO, I pan fried some fresh corn along with some diced jalapeno peppers...
20220602_184807[1].jpg

My granddaughters had requested mashed potatoes so I peeled about 7 lbs. of gold potatoes, boiled them, and whipped them up with butter, sour cream and ½ & ½. Time to cut the steak...
20220602_185817[1].jpg

Served with a salad, time to eat...
20220602_190645[1].jpg

The meal was all very simple and it was great to be able to share with some family that we don't get to see very often.

First is a BIG THANK YOU!! to Robert. His generosity to me, a person he's never met or talked to, still has me speechless. I am so appreciative.
Second is the steak. It was absolutely off the charts in taste and tenderness. My mother-in-law, who just turned 86, said that it was the best tasting, most tender steak she had ever eaten.
Third is having the opportunity to share with family, they are the foundation of our house.
Lastly, I still have a couple more steaks awaiting the next special occasion...:emoji_wink:

Great meal Charles and no better way to but to share it with family.
And a great gesture from Robert.
This place continues to amaze with generosity and wisdom.

Keith

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Great cook for sure! And sharing with family makes it even better! Nice job!

Ryan

Wow Charles. I am impressed with the meal and deeply humbled by your comments. You did the steaks and your family proud my friend. It was an honor to share some good stuff with you and be a very small part of your family, which I have felt has become somewhat of an extended family for me with all the stuff you've shared. Excellent job and can't wait to see what's next on the agenda.

Robert

Looking good!! That corn looks good too. I’ve never tried half and half in potatoes, thanks for the idea
Thank you. For my mashed potatoes, I put a stick of butter, a couple of spoonful's of sour cream, and a couple of cups of ½ & ½ in a small pot and gently warm it on the stove. Once the potatoes are cooked and drained, I pour this into them and whipped them with a mixer. My 5 year old granddaughter loves to help with the mixer part. Season to taste. Other than the butter, nothing is measured. If I need more moisture, I'll add some more ½ & ½, but I don't like to add much of anything cold to the hot potatoes. I'm always cooking at least 5 lbs. of potatoes...
Nice work Charles . You know your way around that kettle too .
As you can tell in the pictures, my kettles get a workout. I appreciate your comments...
That is the classic steak dinner.Nice!
Thanks normanaj, much appreciated...
Great meal Charles and no better way to but to share it with family.
And a great gesture from Robert.
This place continues to amaze with generosity and wisdom.

Keith
Keith, I too am continually amazed at the whole atmosphere of this forum and the generosity of Robert, not just to me, but others as well, is a testament to what Jeff and the staff have built here.
Man that plate looks great Charles - Nice Job!!!

Charles is in charge of the kettle.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks, Chris. My kettles do get a workout. That particular one I've modified as kind of an offset smoker. I made a solid stainless steel plate to separate it into 2 separate sections. I can move the plate to change the size of each side or remove it completely. Just an experiment a couple of years ago that has worked out ok.
Totally awesome the relationships that have developed here. It leaves me speachless.

And an awesome dinner with seldom seen relatives.

Amazing.
Family is all too important to us as is the relationships we've built over our lifetime. Thank you.
Great job Charles, you are a kettle master. Robert's CPB gifts have probably been featured more times than anything on this forum.
Yes Cliff, he's definitely quite an asset to this forum and all the recognition, either through his cooks or cooks featuring his gifts or ideas, is well deserved...
Great cook for sure! And sharing with family makes it even better! Nice job!

Ryan
Thank you, Ryan. Not many nights around here that we don't have at least some family here. It could be 5-6 or 25. Wouldn't have it any other way...
Looks like a perfect dinner to me.
I appreciate it, thank you...
Wow Charles. I am impressed with the meal and deeply humbled by your comments. You did the steaks and your family proud my friend. It was an honor to share some good stuff with you and be a very small part of your family, which I have felt has become somewhat of an extended family for me with all the stuff you've shared. Excellent job and can't wait to see what's next on the agenda.

Robert
Thank you, Robert. I've been saving those steaks for just the right occasion and your gifts have truly been a blessing to us...
Looks Great, Charles!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thank you, John. I try hard and sometimes I get lucky and it all works out...
I think good is an under statement. Great is more like it. Excellent job man. Always helps to start with a foundation like that!
Your comments are truly appreciated, thank you...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky