another beginner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mhamilton1

Original poster
Apr 9, 2007
hi im matt, a complete beginner to smoking and charcoal. im pretty good with my gas grill so off to something new. i just bought a brinkman smokeNgrill on clearance for 28$ it looks like the weber kinda. also have a weber smokey jr for picnics. im from endicott ny and there isnt any barbeque around here. the best around is dinosaur barbeque in syracuse. so i need to learn please help. i want to smoke a brisket first. miss the texas brisket
confused.gif

New guy here myself but let me throw an idea at ya. If you have what I think you have, your Weber Smokey Jr is what apprx. 16" or so tall and 14" in diameter? Ditch the charcoal pan that came with the Brinkmann and fill the bowl of your little weber with your fuel (research "minion method" on this site) and set the Brinckmann on top of the little Weber. I did it that way with that same grill I beleive for awhile and turned out some fine Q!

Hope this helps!

Justin

Welcome to SMF! If you are new to smoking, I would suggest you sign up for Jeff's 5-day ecourse on smoking basics. Browse through the beef forum and read the brisket posts. Above all, enjoy the experience.

BTW-Have you got a homemade spedie sauce recipe you would share?

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Welcome to the SMF Matt. Great folks here with tons of knowledge, so jump right in.

Glad you found us!!!
smile.gif

Welcome to the SMF, there is so much info here, you'll be a pro in no time!!!

Welcome to the forum mhamilton1. I would suggest to sign up for the e-course offered here. Lots of good information presented to help you with a successful smoke http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse.html
I just smoked my first successful brisket this week. Bought a select packer brisket (.99lb on sale), rubbed it down good, smoked it for about 14 hours with mesquite chips until it reached 180 degrees internal temp. I did sprinkle it every hour with apple juice to help keep it moist. Turned out yummy!!! Just keep poking around here for some great smoking information. Great bunch of folks here and it really helped this newbie!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky