Another Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Was undecided what to do with this pork belly. It looked to be almost cut in half and really thin in the middle. I never just smoked a pork belly before like a brisket and was wanting to do this but when I starting curing those ribs I just decided to cure this. Doing a hot smoke. 140 6 hours than 160 and 180. Had to get done as this storm about here. Took off at 140 at 8 hours. Going to let rest couple days. Why did I take so long to do that Auber mod on my MES40?

1647906177663.png

20220321_183056.jpg 20220321_183100.jpg 20220321_183110.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of damage in area from this one and at least one death. Tornado hit where my fishing buddy has his lake house and just up the street where I am picking up boat this morning. Have friend that use to work on my boat lives right there. Just stopped and talked to him last week. Hope they OK.

Well that sucks about the tornado. I hope your friend and the boat are alright. For the bacon it looks real good to me. My first thought was belly burnt ends.

Point for sure
Chris

Bacon looks Good, Brian!! Like.
What's the strings for?
Hope all is well after that Spinner.
We don't get much of that around here---Knocking on Wood!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky