android market app?

Discussion in 'SMF News' started by therealfrosty, Dec 28, 2012.

1. therealfrosty

therealfrosty Fire Starter

I'm new to the site, but I love the forum and read it every moment of free time I get. Being the tech fan sort I am starting to dabble in android apps, and was wondering if there would be enough of a following with smart-phone users to warrant me building a app to see the forums on the go. With permission I would love to do this for the forum as a thanks to the wealth of information and knowledge that is available on here.

-Frosty-

2. jetman

jetman Smoke Blower

Sounds like a good idea to me, I do look up the forum on my phone a coupe times a week. May view more if it were an Android app. But I must warn you, in the 3-4 years I've had a "smart" phone, I have only paid for one app and that was a navigation program only to use as a backup on the boat if my chartplotter takes a dump. In other words, I'm so cheap old ladies beat me with there walkers & canes when we're both after the same penny on the ground [​IMG]

Jetman<<<

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
    therealfrosty likes this.
  3. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I use Tapatalk, works great for forums.

therealfrosty likes this.
  4. therealfrosty

I wouldn't charge for making it or make it a paid app, I'm a penny pincher just as much as the next guy i even make my own laundry detergent. And I know there are forum apps out there but I think it would be neat for this page to have a stand alone app, It has enough of a following in my opinion. I want to make it because I don't have extra cash to contribute to the cause but I have the ability to do something that would help.

-Frosty-

[​IMG]

diamondmarco likes this.
  5. rob989_69

rob989_69 Meat Mopper

Same here. Although a dedicated app would be kinda nice I must say.

6. jimalbert

jimalbert Meat Mopper

I think it would be a good idea as a standalone.  I would concur with Jeff on the subject and see what his thoughts are. 

Jim

7. therealfrosty

I will definitely ask Jeff, and thank you for the input guys!

-Frosty-

[​IMG]

8. dutch

dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I use the mobile version of SMF on my smartphone. Since SMF went mobile, I've stopped using tapatalk for accessing SMF on the go.

9. beaummiler

beaummiler Meat Mopper

I would love a smf app 90% of the time im on here with my phone

10. solaryellow

solaryellow Limited Mod Group Lead

Same for me. The mobile version of the site is fairly intuitive and simple to use.

11. webowabo

webowabo Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I have no PC at home or work. . My life evolves around my Galaxy Note 2.. and the SMF MOBILE is quite nice. At first there where problems.. but like always, since I have been on this site, they get resovled pretty quickly.

12. An android would be awesome

13. fireman00

fireman00 Newbie

Tapatalk works great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

14. [​IMG]I would it

15. linehand

linehand Fire Starter

Android app would be great!

16. linehand

linehand Fire Starter

any news on this ?

17. rdwhahb

rdwhahb Smoke Blower

I would love an app!!

18. radioguy

radioguy Smoking Fanatic

Android user here. Mobile site is pretty good...would try out an app so long as it isn't too invasive.
    This post from my phone.

RG

19. rugerlab

rugerlab Fire Starter

Would use it.  I spend more time with my phone then with my computer. 

20. App for android please