Analog MES Temperature Gauge

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmardock

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 15, 2013
Orangevale, CA
I just assembled my new analog masterbuilt electric smoker tonight and I'm really excited to start smoking this weekend. I have one quick question for those of you who have used the analog MES. How accurate is the temperature gauge on the door? I'm going to probably purchase a meat probe thermometer, but is the temp gauge in the door sufficient for reading the temp inside the smoker?

Can't really say,since they are probably made in china for about 3 cents each. Mine was accurate for maybe the 1st 3 smokes then it started to stick. I now put a dial type meat therm. in the orig. hole. Remember you are only getting an average temp. as I explained in a diff. thread actual shelf temps can vary by 5 to 10 degrees depending on the cook temp. I tested with separate oven therms. placed on each shelf & in diff. locations.

I try to use a separate probe thermometer for each shelf even if I'm smoking meat or fish of same or similar size. Often 1 shelf finishes up before the others.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky