Alternative wood types for smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Terry2022

Original poster
Apr 21, 2022
Cochrane Alberta
New to forum and smoking meats.. the question I have is it possible to use the bradley wood pucks for smoke flavors.. I have used wood chunks before but I find that if I place them in the ash pan they sometimes catch. Just curious if the Bradley pucks would catch easier. Thanks for any advice

What kind of smoker do you have? Have you tried putting a piece of foil over the chunks?
Richie

As Richie said, more info please. I’m sure someone on here can help you if we all know all the info.
Al

I'll add this.
I used to have a Bradley but it met it's untimely demise due to a grease fire. I had a box and a half of leftover pucks. I saved them and occasionally use them in my Kamado style grill. If you lightly wrap them in foil they should hold up pretty good. At least that's my experience.

I have the masterbuilt 800... great unit and I have used applewood chunks which I have alternate charcoal and wood in the chute... buwhen I put them in the ash pan they sometimes catch and sometimes not. That is where the idea of the pucks came in think they would certainly catch when placed in the ash pan..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky