After the smoke recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokngun

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
NOCO
Hi everyone, with everything going on in the world lately I thought a leftover thread may be in order. I am interested in other peoples creations with left over smoked goodies. For example I recently smoked a 10# pork shoulder, but pp sandwiches get old quick (to some in my house) I personally like to make flautas with leftover pp, I also use it in red beans and rice or green chili. My imagination gets the best of me so I'm pretty limited on creative points. I would love to hear some other recipes some people have for their leftover meat.

When I smoke a whole turkey which is a lot for the 2 of us. Even smoke the neck & spine from spatchcocking. The wife makes turkey rice soup. Take the carcass, neck, spine & skin(I know I know! You are thinking why not eat the skin? We just don't) to make soup stock. Then use that with leftover meat to make soup. Don't have a recipe. I just do a search for 1 that looks good. If I have time I also make a small pot of stock with smoked whole chicken to put in freezer for later use.

Reactions: smokngun
I make burritos, flautas, and enchiladas with leftover chicken and pulled pork. I've chopped up some of my leftover Italian sausage and mixed it with spinach and ricotta cheese to make ravioli. RAY

Smoked Brisket Chili - there is always plenty left over so we vac-seal and freeze portions equal to what we use for our chili recipe.

When I do eye round or pork loin , the popular left over dish is beef and broccoli for the eye , and peppers , onions and carrots with General Tso type of sauce for pork or chicken . Both with rice or noodles . Good stuff .
Just did a brisket pizza , came out good .
When I do pork butts , I only season with salt and pepper just for the reason , I can season for leftovers .

"After the smoke", I like that! Just made a couple pizzas with left over brisket. Dang that was gooooood! Also made chili with more of the left over brisket, Also very good.

Sorry I’m late to the post, but I have made P P with sauerkraut in the crockpot to heat it up. Mom use to make it with pork stake but the smoke from the PP makes it even better

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky