Advice on Smoking Cheese on my WSM and / or Weber Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I know this is several days ago, have you tried it yet? I usually put mine back in the fridge for a while uncovered. You do not want to seal up the bag if there is still some condensation on the cheese. Looks like you did a great job.

Reactions: OldSmoke
I know this is several days ago, have you tried it yet? I usually put mine back in the fridge for a while uncovered. You do not want to seal up the bag if there is still some condensation on the cheese. Looks like you did a great job.
It came out great and was much better than I've had before. I smoked Extra-sharp cheddar and cheddar. I let it rest one day at room temp in a 2 gallon zip-loc with the top slightly open.

I just followed advice in this thread and some other posts on this site and it was super easy. I kept the temp down low by putting ice in a pan just below the cheese as it smoked.

I have Dubliner, Gouda, Sharp Cheddar, and Medium Cheddar that I plan to smoke next week.

I should have done this a long time ago!

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 10
Happy fridge there. I really like Horseradish and Pepperjack also. If you like making pizza at home, throw in some mozzarella.

Happy fridge there. I really like Horseradish and Pepperjack also. If you like making pizza at home, throw in some mozzarella.
I will do some Pepperjack for sure the next time I see some. It is definitely a happy fridge. This is my "extra" fridge. I have a Capicolla dry aging in there and a 12 lb prime strip loin dry aging, along with about a gallon of chili I made yesterday.

I've heard good things about smoking mozzarella but didn't know if it was a hard enough cheese. Have you ever had an issue with it being too soft?

Attachments

• IMG_1025.jpg
    IMG_1025.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 9
I've heard good things about smoking mozzarella but didn't know if it was a hard enough cheese. Have you ever had an issue with it being too soft?
If you buy a block of mozz you will be fine. The fresh stuff is probably to soft to smoke.

Reactions: MileHiGuy
It's the only cheese I smoke. 3 hours with apple dust. Comes out perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: MileHiGuy
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky