Achieving the Maillard Reaction on the Stovetop

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phatfoodz

Original poster
Jul 4, 2022
the great Northeast!
Hello fellow foodies!

How was everyone’s 4th of July weekend?

I tried something new! It was bison meat, and it was flipping delicious!

I bought a little griddle flipper and it was super fun to flip them on my non-stick pan.

I browned the bison patties in fat and oil and stacked them on top of each other to achieve a mega burger, then topped each sandwich with coleslaw, caramelized onions, aioli, spicy sauce, and fresh, crisp vegetables.

I hope you enjoy this video and please share with me your thoughts!

- Pha

First off my apologies for slightly mocking you in your other thread. I thought you were a bot/spam. We get alot of them.

Secondly I can't believe you ate both burgers. That's insane. They looked good though. Also you are the loudest eater I've ever seen lol

Bison burger - I've seen the ground meat at the grocery but never bought it - it's a bit more expensive than beef. But I know it's healthier due to the lack of fat. But I like fat! So there's my dilemma.

This is a cheeseburger technique I've never seen before. Sort of a smashburger variation. They look like 2oz balls flattened but not really smashed - browned - and layered lopsided four patties deep on each burger right? I've never seen this before.

So with the two burgers, that's at least a pound of meat, minus the rendered fat. Wow.

Thanks for sharing.

First, let me welcome you Pha. I, too, was a little skeptical of your intentions when you first posted, but nice video. Amazing that you ate both of those burgers, but they look great. Are you a professional eater??:emoji_laughing:

I just gained 20 lbs from watching you eat both of those burgers. 🤣
ll-chubby-dog-standing-in-grass-panting-1361090903.jpg

First off my apologies for slightly mocking you in your other thread. I thought you were a bot/spam. We get alot of them.

Secondly I can't believe you ate both burgers. That's insane. They looked good though. Also you are the loudest eater I've ever seen lol
I use a Blue Yeti to help pick up the sounds in order to create a good sensory experience for the viewer.

Bison burger - I've seen the ground meat at the grocery but never bought it - it's a bit more expensive than beef. But I know it's healthier due to the lack of fat. But I like fat! So there's my dilemma.

This is a cheeseburger technique I've never seen before. Sort of a smashburger variation. They look like 2oz balls flattened but not really smashed - browned - and layered lopsided four patties deep on each burger right? I've never seen this before.

So with the two burgers, that's at least a pound of meat, minus the rendered fat. Wow.

Thanks for sharing.
Bison meat is pretty delicious. I have an ALDI near me and I like perusing it for weekly finds— limited item specials they sell each week until the stock runs out. This week they have bison meat for $7.99 a pound. You can rub the patties in oil or add oil to the pan so they have more fat. I would describe the flavor as a little more delicate than beef but quite flavorful.

Reactions: Marknmd
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky