About flippin time, first smoke for 09: BB's con QVIEW

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr porky

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 3, 2008
Spokane
Thats right, after record snowfall this year, below average temps since, 3 more inches of snow earlier this week, not to mention other issues we finally got smokin weather.

On deck today, a few slabs 'o baby backs, nuttin fancy. Qview to follow later

Prelude:
First batch of RO. I had 6-7 bags from last year but they were damaged due to a waterbackup late last year. Cowboy Hickory is much better than its Lump.

I snagged a new grill wok for use as a charcoal basket. This one is deeper and a bit wider than the one I used last year.

Speaking of that, here is the old one. Gets a bit hot in there donchathink?

The main event:

Pullin the membrane:

All rubbed down. I find that a rubber glove helps to keep the rub on the meat and not clumped in yer hand.

Compared to what we've had weather-wise today should be a scorcher. Need to keep hydrated:

More to follow as I get underway, but basically doin the 2-2-1 method with a rum spritz.

Welcome back to the 2009 season!

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Been a long time coming. so here we are:

Sauce for tonight comes from a selection from the sauce of the month club:

Out of the foil and time for a glaze:

Thats about it, need to get a few things ready, everyones wanting to eat.

Thanks for watching.

If that's not a fine way to start off 2009, I'm not sure what is. Those bb's look really good, did you foil them or were they smoked without foil?

Love the shot of your beer, it's my favorite kind and only get it when I visit my cousins in Oregon
eek.gif

And, I'm spent:

They were foiled. I lost track of time between side work, friends and family and they got more than 2 hrs in foil. Intended for 2-2-1, ended up with 2-2.5-.5 lol

Well if ya ever make it to my side of WA state there's plenty more of the Hefe' for ya Laurel!

Thanks for the thumbs up folks. Always appreciated. I had all but forgotten the effort involved in posting pics throughout the day, not to mention typing away while everyones chowin down. One of these days the wife is gonna hide the camera on smoke day
icon_mrgreen.gif

Lesson (re)learned, more than i set of tongs needed when removing from foil.

Great to be back, for sure. Now that spring has finally sprung, I still got a bit more work around the yard to keep me busy (still) but I promise another season of smoke.

Definitely one of the better Hefe's around here. Even better on tap.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky