A week of brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Last weekend I cooked a brisket and planed on sliceing the flat for dinner and cube up the point to make burnt ends the next day.....well it didnt turn out that way. The flat was a bit dry and faling apart when I tried to slice it so we sliced the point and had that with our dinner. The flat got pulled/shreded and some beef broth mixed in. Then in to some small containers to use throughout the week.
Ended up making Abts with some and also some stuffed shrooms.
The mix was dublinger cheese,cream cheese and brisket. For the peppers I added some diced up shrooms as well
0913202024_HDR.jpg
0914201652.jpg
0914201653.jpg
0914202058.jpg

Then Tuesday we heated some more up for taco night!
0915202159a.jpg

And Thursday we had "beef and noodles" the noodles are actually a egg and cream cheese mix . mashed cauliflower and green beans. Low carb meal.
This is a picture of what was left for Ivy to take to work with her the next day
0917202244.jpg

Well the brisket flat itself was a fail but it all worked out in the end. Got some good meals out of it and sent some over to my mom and dad. They made sandwiches with it and have enough left over for a second meal. We also have one more container left. Might go for nachos or pizza.
Thanks for taking a look!

MMMMMM
MMMMMM
YUMMMMMO

All looks fantastic.
I think i gained a couple pounds just looking.

Reactions: jcam222
Great pictures. Looks wonderful. Nice way to use up a meat fail.

Nice recovery with the pulled. There is never a failure, just adjustment to the original plan

I have smoked, cooled and then steamed brisket flat for serving sliced with success.

My last weekend flat got a bit over done. I let it cool without doing anything to it. Still in the cold fridge.
Haven't decided how to finish but will probably foil boil steam.

Point got the cure

I'm gonna have to build some type of snack tray for the combine! You're cooking up some awesome looking goodies! Very nice!

Ryan

Overcooked flat just means more pulled meals.

I love taking stuff like that and making stroganoff, or having it with rice.

One of my favorite leftover meals is (especially if I foil and have jus) a couple of cups of rice, onion, and the jus and leftover brisket all cooked together. When I'm fancy with it I fine dice up some carrots and throw them in with rice.

I sure never thought I'd miss 2.49$ brisket. I got all huffy puffy when it went that high. This 4.50 a pound stuff has me eating too much chicken and pork loin 😂

Can't even afford to grind ugly ones now :(

Excellent job Travis!! Proves once again that even a less than perfect cook can make for some darned good eats. It all looks really good sir.

Robert

Nice recovery with the pulled. There is never a failure, just adjustment to the original plan

I have smoked, cooled and then steamed brisket flat for serving sliced with success.

My last weekend flat got a bit over done. I let it cool without doing anything to it. Still in the cold fridge.
Haven't decided how to finish but will probably foil boil steam.

Point got the cure
Thanks! Yep just have to rethink the situation sometimes!

I'm gonna have to build some type of snack tray for the combine! You're cooking up some awesome looking goodies! Very nice!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. We have a local radio station that takes lunch out to the feild to one lucky winner every day during harvest season. Too bad your not closer!

Overcooked flat just means more pulled meals.

I love taking stuff like that and making stroganoff, or having it with rice.

One of my favorite leftover meals is (especially if I foil and have jus) a couple of cups of rice, onion, and the jus and leftover brisket all cooked together. When I'm fancy with it I fine dice up some carrots and throw them in with rice.

I sure never thought I'd miss 2.49$ brisket. I got all huffy puffy when it went that high. This 4.50 a pound stuff has me eating too much chicken and pork loin 😂

Can't even afford to grind ugly ones now :(
The rice idea sonds loke a good meal! May have to try that!

Excellent job Travis!! Proves once again that even a less than perfect cook can make for some darned good eats. It all looks really good sir.

Robert
Thanks Robert ! All turned out great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky