A quick steak & veggie dinner

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

schlotz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 13, 2015
Coatesville, IN
When we want a quick dinner I immediately head for a flat iron steak and some sort of veggie compliment. Cyd is partial to a broccoli & cauliflower combo so got them mixed up with some seasonings, light olive oil and through them in the air fryer @400º for approx. 15 min. The flat iron went on the grill a few minutes before to allow it to get done and rest while the veggies finished up. Steak was a bit thicker than usual so it took 12 minutes, then rested for 8. Veggies got done, plated them along with the steak along with some fresh parmesan reggiano waiting at the table. Steak was seasoned with garlic, salt & pepper then basted once each side with Italian Dressing. Of course wine was a requirement. Doesn't get much easier for a very nice dinner.

IMG_5032.JPG
IMG_5033.JPG

Nice, we do the air fired combo as well pretty often. You nailed the steak!, quick or not, I would gobble that meal down any time.

Reactions: schlotz
I'd be more than happy to have a plateful of that! Nailed it for sure!

Ryan

Very nice Matt. Perfect cook on the steak and the veggies sound right up our alley around here. Simple and delicious. doesn't get much better than that.

Robert

Nice, we do the air fired combo as well pretty often. You nailed the steak!, quick or not, I would gobble that meal down any time.
Yup and that is what we did! Thanks.
Good looking meal right there. You got the steak nailed down.
Thanks, been doing these for a number of years they are pretty much cooked now on autopilot.

I'd be more than happy to have a plateful of that! Nailed it for sure!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan. Our menus contain a fair amount of meat, be it smoked or grilled. :emoji_sunglasses:

Very nice Matt. Perfect cook on the steak and the veggies sound right up our alley around here. Simple and delicious. doesn't get much better than that.

Robert
Very kind words my friend. Thanks Robert! Remember to check the PM I sent you.

Nice , I would take that end cut off your hands, and throw in a couple veggies also.

David
Hey David, that little end cut was way too thin to cook attached to the flat iron so did it separately and pulled it early. The cat got a treat.
Sorry, will hold one specifically for you next cycle.
Steak looks awesome!
Thanks Steve! Still waiting for the summer to end so we can place an order for cheese.

Looks awesome! That steak is perfect!
Thanks, been doing these for a number of years they are pretty much cooked now on autopilot.

Thanks Ryan. Our menus contain a fair amount of meat, be it smoked or grilled. :emoji_sunglasses:

Very kind words my friend. Thanks Robert! Remember to check the PM I sent you.

Hey David, that little end cut was way too thin to cook attached to the flat iron so did it separately and pulled it early. The cat got a treat.
Sorry, will hold one specifically for you next cycle.

Thanks Steve! Still waiting for the summer to end so we can place an order for cheese.

Very nice, I could eat that almost every night!
We do it quite often. So much so Cyd would rather have filets. She has a hard time dealing with what she calls chewy meat (insert anything else but filets). I'm going to start cutting whole flat irons in two, vac pak and freeze. At least I can still get my 'chewy' fix while she enjoys her filet. With 47 years of marriage you learn to adapt... happy wife, happy life! :emoji_wink:

Reactions: bigfurmn
We do it quite often. So much so Cyd would rather have filets. She has a hard time dealing with what she calls chewy meat (insert anything else but filets). I'm going to start cutting whole flat irons in two, vac pak and freeze. At least I can still get my 'chewy' fix while she enjoys her filet. With 47 years of marriage you learn to adapt... happy wife, happy life! :emoji_wink:
We she has tastes for sure, and do you blame her?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky