A probing question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tiger1964

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 19, 2020
Seabrook, MD
After my ChefAlarm went psychotic, and then the cheap remote thermometer from Lidl which still (barely) works, I am loving the Inkbird after only two uses. But I want to take care of it, and I suspect the part that needs the most attention is the probes. Last night's lamb/feta stuffed onions left a mess on the probes and the owners' manual only obliquely mentions care. What d'yall use to clean probes yet preserve them, both in chemicals and implements? Aggressive scouring sponges seem to me like a no-go, for instance.

Dawn and hot water no soaking any of the wire or where it goes into the probe, scrub pad on the wire and hold it where it enters the probe so you don't pull something loose, i like the stainless scrubber as its pretty gentle unless you get rowdy

Reactions: southwest
Dawn and hot water no soaking any of the wire or where it goes into the probe, scrub pad on the wire and hold it where it enters the probe so you don't pull something loose, i like the stainless scrubber as its pretty gentle unless you get rowdy
Thanks. I'll get some Dawn, I susally use the cheap stuff at home. And by stainless steel, do you mean these?

I keep a couple of the scrub Daddy sponges in the kitchen . The one that looks like a smiley face . Does a nice job cleaning probes , because of the different profiles on the sponge . You can get them at Lowes or Home Depot . Grocery stores . Alot of places . About $4.00 .

I just use the rough side of one of Mrs Bear's "Scrub Sponges" she has at the kitchen sink, along with 118° Tap water, on my Maverick probes.

Bear

Yes there are several brands out and all I have tried work well without removing metal,

Wait!.......you clean your probes?!?!?!?!? :emoji_laughing: Like the others I hit it with a little Dawn, scrubby side of the sponge, and wipe down the wires.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky