A new (wood) smoker fan

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

randalldad

Original poster
Dec 27, 2006
Illinois
My in-laws just got me a Masterbuilt Electric (digital but not the 2007 model). I've already seasoned it and I have a Maverick thermometer coming via UPS tomorrow. I'll be trying some ABT's tomorrow for my poker group. And probably a pork butt Sunday for the family.

I'm a decent griller - gas or charcoal. I used to own my own gourmet chocolate business and was trained in Europe. (I'm a fundraiser now...go figure). I rarely like to cook anymore but my brother in law has a Bradley that he got last year and is going like crazy with the thing. He did a stuffed pork loin for our Christmas dinner - it was excellent. So I'm going to try it myself.

Have read most of Illini's posts and plan to do the vent mod in a couple weeks. Will try to take my own pics and post.

Happy New Year - here's to great rubs and juicy cuts!

RandallDad
Illinois

Many years ago, I was a charcoal purist. I've had Webers and other variations. But once we had children (read, TIME CONSUMERS), I switched to propane. It's safer around the kids (quick on and off) and allows me to come home at 6:00, fire up the grill, cook, and get back to the family.

I'm hoping that my new meat smoking hobby will bring back some of that patience and enjoyment of cooking outdoors!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky