A little bit of everything getting cooked this weekend.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tom37

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 24, 2009
Independence Mo
I figured that General Discussion would be the best place for a Miltie meat cook.

I was lazy and didnt post pics of the last chicken run I made. So here is the end result. I over cooked it, 210 on the thermo when the chicken hit the counter.
mad.gif

It still tasted good and actually had some juiciness to it. And oh boy the EVOO with cavendars season was a good choice. It cooked at 300 to 350 for an unknown amount of time. The skin turned out decently crisp and bite-able. The day after when I took it to work some of the juicy was not there but the girls said OMG can we buy some.

099adc2a_DSCF0312.jpg

bb8e527d_DSCF0313.jpg

a45f0c87_100_5893.jpg

I had to make BOinks for a nice snack at work. Again everyone loved them. I just hate wrapping the bacon.

288ba4fb_100_5891.jpg

The rest is what I am working on this weekend.

The ribs are an exchange for Chiefs tickets for the last preseason game last thur, along with a little brisket from the last cook.

a5e53bb7_DSCF0332.jpg

The chicken is for practice to decide what marinade I want. All the shin is pulled and ready, three pieces are in Italian dressing waiting for tomorrow.

I got a giant pork loin, I may have ruined it but I injected it with rootbeer and used my reg rub on it. Dropped it in a vac bag to rest until tomorrow.

No way in the world could I get all three slabs in the UDS, that is chugging away as we speak. One slab has to wait until tomorrow and keep the pork company.

After I taste the chicken, I can decide what to do with the rest. I also have a whole smart chicken as a special request that may get the Italian treatment and cook Monday.

4698950a_DSCF0333.jpg

If I remember I will grab a pic or two when I wrap.

Thought I might add,

The ribs went in at 6 ish and held steady until close to 10:00, wrapped and right back in the drum.

11:30 pulled from grate and removed wrap, spritz and back in for 15 minutes meat side down. Another 15 on the bone along with another spritz and they should be good to go.

Just a few more shots.

Ribs getting a wrap and heading back in for a while.

ae9be39a_100_5897.jpg

Here is my scraps from what little bit of trimming I did. They got cut up to be put in the beans.

72581a57_100_5898.jpg

The Ribs after going back in the smoker with no wrap to finish them off.

b85dea6b_100_5901.jpg

I told the kids that this was a giant snake.

Its actually a nice pork loin.

18f20bd8_100_5905.jpg

Sorry it slipped my mind to take a pic of the ribs that went on today.

I actually prefer to have my chickens legs both going the same way, I guess I'm OCD. I turned the chicken parts upside down to get a little more cook on the skin and wait for 160 to hit. Then the whole bird went in.

19ef956e_100_5911.jpg

My slightly overdone ribs, a total flop for a comp but a success for home eating.

72359dba_100_5912.jpg

Fillet-O-snake. As I told the young-ins.

4148d710_100_5914.jpg

No I don't slice that good with a knife. LOL

2655d23e_100_5916.jpg

The beans are in know and I may do some appetizers after while.

The day has been a real challenge with the wind. If its not the smoker temps it the front storm door trying to rip off the hinge. I should have a few more shots of the whole bird and also the beans.

Looks like a great day. Everything looks great.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky