A Grilled Chuck Roast, by RS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Retired Spook

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jun 28, 2022
Picked up a prime chuck roast at HEB
IMG_1572.JPG

Sprinkled with Kosher salt and set it in the fridge overnight. This morning I injected it with a 50/50 mixture of Lea & Perrin's Worcestershire sauce and unsalted beef stock and put it back in the fridge for 4-hours+ then let it sit on the counter to come to full room temperature.
IMG_1574.JPG

Started a mesquite fire in the pit, got some good coals going and tossed it on the fire.
IMG_1575.JPG

I didn't time it but by instinct and voodoo alone, I turned it over when it needed turning over.
IMG_1576.JPG

Then when it was finished grillin' - again just by instinct and voodoo - I wrapped it in heavy aluminum foil and placed it in the microwave to let it rest for an hour (no, I did not turn the microwave on - its just a nice micro-climate). After 1-hour I opened it up to see this mouthwatering sight!
IMG_1577.JPG

I placed it on the cutting board, reserved the liquid, sliced some up, and dipped those slices in the liquid and MAN that stuff is fricken good! Came out fabulous! Juicy, tender, packed with awesome flavor, cooked just right - I love the tatse of chuck above all other beef cuts.
IMG_1578.JPG

Grilled chuck roast by RS

WOW!! This proves that a chuck roast does not need o be cooked to death to be tender. Excellent job sir, That roast looks absolutely spectacular.

Robert

Reactions: Retired Spook
WOW!! This proves that a chuck roast does not need o be cooked to death to be tender. Excellent job sir, That roast looks absolutely spectacular.

Robert
Thank you sir - it came out fantastic!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky