A dozen Salmon Tails

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks so awsome ! Been smoking for few years, did all sorts of sausages but have never smoked a fish. I think it's time. Can you recommend something simple?

Man your salmon always gives me the instant munchies snd need to get some smoked salmon! Always great work

Thanks all for the kind words. I honestly think my smoked Salmon has kept my wife around for so many years. It reminds her of when she lived in Anchorage and worked at a fish processing house.

Looks delicious! I really like how you group up all the tails for storage. I always smoke all the pieces together but tails, belly, and mid section all seem to have different brine and smoke times.

Yup, I'm smoking just Salmon bellies this week.

Care to share the brine recipe, Craig? I don't smoke salmon often, as I still haven't found a recipe I really like.

The brine is very time consuming to create......You sure you want it?

It's a 1/4 ratio dry brine of non iodized salt / Dark brown sugar.

Size of the pieces dictates how long I brine. Tails and filets typically 7-8 hours.

Sorry it's so complicated :emoji_sunglasses:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky