A Delicious Controversy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I love stuffed grape leaves - those look great! The last ones I ate came from your neck of the woods....Stamoolis Brothers in the Strip, they were great. Not sure where around here I can get some.

I love stuffed grape leaves - those look great! The last ones I ate came from your neck of the woods....Stamoolis Brothers in the Strip, they were great. Not sure where around here I can get some.
Stambolis Brothers ( I know them personally) is a great shopping experience. Right next door to Pennsylvania Macaroni in the Strip District of Pittsburgh. Greeks right next door to Italians. I would guess that their mothers or grandmothers are not making their grapeleaves but if you give a try to this recipe you will not be disappointed. Don't be afeard. . .Make your own! If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Let me know how it works out,

John

Last edited:
i had a hedge row of them and a local would knock on my door every spring and ask if he could have some. you dont get told by old greek men what is good and what isnt
you get yelled at what is the best
justplainbob justplainbob ,

I had to laugh out loud because throughout my life I was the prime candidate for being yelled at!

Thanks for the memories,

John

Yum
Rolled in blanched cabbage leaves is more common for my (home) area as well.
I got introduced to rolled grape leaf as dolmas

Gołąbki and dolmathes are two very different tastes but rolling the leaves is very similar.

I love them both and have posted both of my recipes.

Enjoy,

John

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky