732 issue

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

andybigwood

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 10, 2014
Guildford - UK
Beginning of July I sent my Mav 732 set back to Maverick in the US due to transmission issues.

After a month or so I received an email from Maverick stating that the unit was faulty and that a new unit would be dispatched to me.

Late September and I email to tell Maverick nothing has arrived yet, with a response that a unit has been shipped but as it hasn't arrived,  will send another one.

I wasnt expecting such a delay, and wonder if both units have been lost in shipment or what?

If I had money to blow, I wouldn't care, but that isn't the case, so I decided to post here to get some opinions on where to go from here.

Hello Andy.  NO! Should not take that long.  I ship things from the States every time I go back.  I would phone the company and complain.  They will say they sent a replacement but 2 months is WAY to long.  Demand a replacement sent by recorded mail or a refund!  The States have a Trading and Standards department also.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Yeah , Andybigwood , pull a Raging Bull on them...
ROTF.gif

I laugh , but seriously... it's a matter of $$$ .

I'm with the others, I'd be contacting them again. I got good customer service from them. I lost my bracket for the smoker temp, I told them I had lost it and wanted to get it replaced. The gal took all my info and said she would get back to me as there wasn't a price listed for it. About a week later I got one in the mail. 

Thanks guys - I plan on linking the email to this thread, just so they know where it's at.

I will also ask for recorded delivery.

Si here is an update lol ....

I get an email this week from Maverick, stating that my parcel is being held for payment.

I have to look into this, to find there are further duties to pay.

To speed things up I pay with Maverick stating they will pay me back via paypal.

This is all good so far....

Maverick go quiet until I promprt them for payment and they pay in Euros, after I stated quite clearly £

If you knew the exchange rate between EU and UK sterling, you would realise why this pisses me off.

I then receive an unpadded cardboard envelope, which is filled with loose pieces which make up a 732 kit.

Considering I sent a padded box to them, I find this lack of care quite remarkable.

I know that someone from Maverick posts on these forums, so I hope he/she will give me a response to this shit treatment.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky