60 gallon smoker build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CCBBQ

Original poster
Apr 22, 2020
hey everyone. I'm new to the site. Building my first smoker using 60 gal air tank. I have the door cut out and getting ready to build FB. Planning on a 18 square FB. I just had a couple questions that I can't find through searching. I have used Feldons and have all my numbers, just need some help. This is not a reverse flow so I was wondering, do I make the opening from FB to CC at grate level or below? Also, feldons says 10" diameter for half moon. Is that 10 wide?
Second question, I see a lot of posts about a grease bridge so that grease won't enter FB. What does one look like and where does it get installed?
Thanks for all the help in advance, pics coming soon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky