50 hour chuckie and some smoked cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
Wanted to try the simple combo. Trimmed most fat out. Pulled after 50 hrs at 134. Hot CI pan and deliciousness ensued. Was happy with all parts. Appreciate all the inspiration around these parts!
The juice was liquid gold. Not sure what to do with leftover juice but that got tossed in freezer. Maybe carnivore popsicles :emoji_laughing:

Did mix of cheese too in smoker but not the most exciting post on that. Cheddar, dbl cheddar, muenster, pepperjack, colby jack

Attachments

• IMG_1829.jpg
    IMG_1829.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1825.jpg
    IMG_1825.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1823.jpg
    IMG_1823.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1832.jpg
    IMG_1832.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 33
Chucky looks excellent! Cheese looks good too! Cheese pics may be boring but the taste makes up for it totally!

Ryan

Reactions: jmusser
My question is.....How do you decide how long to SV the meat and stuff?
Jim
Time and temperature to your liking. I like my chucks 131 for around 40hrs. Give or take. You just have to do it and see what’s best for you.
Magic 8 ball..... RFLMAO. That’s funny.

Reactions: JLeonard
My question is.....How do you decide how long to SV the meat and stuff?
Jim
I go to SMF and just do as the gods tell me :) I saw it on here and seemed so simple. Cannot really go wrong (well I haven't yet). I did a chuckie barbacoa 2 times so far. Sent mom and dad with enchiladas of the beef barbacoa and smoked cheeses shredded. Happy parents! Cook book for reference.

Just dunked some pork tenderlon in with a random mix trying to get something with a good kick. I will let it go 24 hrs. Really liking this SV so far. Good luck!

You guys killing me here! :emoji_laughing: Is there a guide for length and time and etc? Or just trial and error?
Jim

Last edited:
Time and temperature to your liking. I like my chucks 131 for around 40hrs. Give or take. You just have to do it and see what’s best for you.
Magic 8 ball..... RFLMAO. That’s funny.

I used to say that, until I got a Tough one.
48 hours takes care of the tough ones too. 40 might, but it might not.
30 hours doesn't take care of the occasional tough Chuck.
I found 48 hours best for Chuckies, and 21 to 24 hours for Eye Round @ 131° to 134°.

Bear

I used to say that, until I got a Tough one.
48 hours takes care of the tough ones too. 40 might, but it might not
I tried that after seeing your post about 50hr chucks. Anywho, that was a bit on the soft side for me. So I dialed it back to 40-45hrs. No tough ones yet and none approaching mushy. I do agree that @131* 30-35hrs is not long enough.

Reactions: Bearcarver
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky