2nd Brisket on the offset!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Thicc Stallion

Original poster
Apr 5, 2022
Omaha, NE
Bought my offset Smoker and did one smoked brisket last week. It tasted fine but I wasn't happy with the outcome. I have been smoking meat for about two years now and have made much better brisket on my UDS and Pellet smoker so I knew it wasn't as good as it could be. I knew it wasn't as good because I hadn't quite figured out how to manage the fire properly and my temperature swings were very large. So this week I had to do a redemption brisket to make up for last week. Here is how I did it, and the end result. This one turned out almost perfect and all 8 people who ate it loved it.

This is straight out of the package and a little longer than usual.
Pre Trimmed.jpg

After trimming, this is what it looked like. I left the little flap on the point just because I wanted to see if anything on it came out as edible (it didn't work haha)
Trimmed.jpg

Seasoned with 1 part Kosher salt, 1 part 16 mesh black pepper and then, Meat Church, "The Gospel" for some color/flavor.
Seasoned.jpg

After letting it sweat for two hours on the counter I threw it on the pit at 3am!

On the Smoker.jpg

After 8 hours on the pit at 250-275 degrees, it had the color I wanted so I wrapped it in butcher paper.

Before Wrapped.jpg

Finally it had reached 202 internal temp in the middle section of the brisket and I had let it rest for 3 hours. This was the final product and sorry about the quality. I forgot to take a pic myself, but luckily my buddy snagged a pic and sent it to me!

Finished Product.jpg

In conclusion I was very happy with the out come, definitely one of my top 3 briskets that I have made. After using the offset a second time I have definitely gotten better with managing the temperature swings and figuring out when it's best to throw another log on the pit. Learned a lot, had a good time, and most importantly everyone loved it!

Looks like you nailed it! Was your 250-275 at grate level of off the thermometer on the smoker?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky